This tuna salad with lettuce is so healthy and tasteful!
A delight for the eyes and nutritious for the body. It’s fresh, easy to make in no time and cheap!
It can be a solution for a quick lunch or a light dinner if you serve it with some hot croutons on top for more consistency and crunchiness.
I made a very simple tuna salad with just 4 ingredients. Fell free to add to it other goodies, to enhance it or to variate.
Let’s see what I used for this recipe.
🥬Ingredients For Tuna Salad With Lettuce
Just 4 simple ingredients to make this recipe happen.
- Lettuce – fresh, big leafy lettuce
- Tuna – good quality canned tuna chunks (in olive oil)
- Dill – fresh dill for flavor and color
- Lemon – lemon juice for acidity
- Salt and pepper to taste
🥗 How To Make Lettuce Tuna Salad
1️ Step one: Prepare the lettuce
Rinse well in lots of fresh water the lettuce leaves and the fresh dill. Let them dry a little.
Prepare a large bawl for the salad. Start chopping the dill, then cut the lettuce leaves in thin stripes or however you prefer.
2️ Step two: Add tuna and lemon juice
Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Open up the tuna can and with the help of a fork scraped it out over the lettuce.
Add the juice of half lemon and mix everything gently to blend them together.
That’s it! The salad is ready to be served immediately.
Variations: you can add more ingredients to this salad to variate and enhance it.
Radishes, green onions, red peppers, olives, corn, canned beans are good additions to this salad.
Just experiment and make it to your liking.
🍴 Serving Tuna Salad With Lettuce
Serve this tuna salad immediately with some freshly made warm croutons for more consistency as a light lunch or dinner.
It’s healthy, delicious and easy on your diet. Enjoy!
Other delicious recipes to cook for your family:
- Pan Fried Chicken Livers (nutritious and delicious)
- Easy Cheesy Mashed Potatoes (a staple recipe in my home)
- No Bake Chocolate Salami (for your coffee break)
- Creamy Rice Pudding (my childhood loved recipe)
Quick Tuna Salad With Lettuce Recipe
- 1 lettuce
- 1 can tuna chunks in olive oil
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- fresh dill
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Rinse the fresh dill and the lettuce leaves. Prepare a large bawl for the salad. Start chopping the dill, cut the salad leaves in stripes and season with salt and pepper.
- Open the tuna can and scrape it out over the lettuce. Add the lemon juice and gently toss everything together. Serve immediately with warm croutons for more consistency. Enjoy this healthy tuna salad as a quick lunch or light dinner.