Chicken liver fry recipe. Fried chicken livers are very tasty, I like to cook them often.
The recipe is easy to make and very nutritious. Next to a delicious portion of mashed potatoes or rice, they really make a delicious meal.
Serve it with a healthy salad and you’re all set for a quick dinner. So, let’s see how to make this chicken liver fry recipe.
🧄 Ingredients For Chicken Liver Fry Recipe
Well, we only need chicken livers as this is a simple recipe.
Apart from that, some cooking oil for frying, some garlic for the aroma and salt and pepper for seasoning. Could it be more simple?…
🍋 How To Make This Chicken Liver Fry Recipe
1️ Step one: Prepare the livers
If you don’t like livers that much because you think they have a metallic taste, soak them in milk or cold water for about 1 hour before cooking to release the blood more effectively.
This is optional.
Rinse them well in lots of running water, let them dry in a colander or pat them dry with paper towels.
Cut out and green parts if existent, carefully. You can separate the lobs if you want, but I like to cook them whole.
Pour some vegetable cooking oil in a large pan on medium low heat. Peel the garlic cloves, slice half of them and saute until golden.
2️ Step two: Add the chicken livers
Add the chicken livers and let them fry slowly, covering the pan. After 6-7 minutes, turn them over to cook on all sides.
Cover again and let them cook trough. Chicken livers cook fast, so after 15-20 minutes they should be done.
Do nor over cook them because they will harden and lose their tastiness. They should remain moist to be enjoyed.
3️ Step Three: Season the livers
3-4 minutes before turning off the heat, season with salt and black pepper.
Add the remaining sliced / crushed garlic cloves and let them cook together for a few minutes.
To variate, sometimes I now add a splash of white wine and let it reduce / evaporate to give them a more delicious flavor.
🍴 Serve Them With Your Favorites Side Dish
They are ready to be served with your favorite side dish – I like mashed potatoes, cooked rice or veggies.
Sometimes I like to drizzle some lemon juice over them to enhance their taste. Try it and see if you like it.
👉 Why you should make this chicken liver fry recipe:
- It’s easy and nutritious. They are full of iron and good for your health.
- Serve them with your side dish of choice to variate.
- If you’re on a diet eat them as they are with a fresh green salad.
Are chicken livers good for you?
Yes, chicken livers are very nutritious. They’re a good source of proteins and packed with minerals like iron, cooper, A and B vitamins.
How do you know when chicken liver is done?
When the heat inside the liver reaches 165F, or they stop releasing water and the juice runs clear.
How do I make my liver taste good?
Some people don’t like eating liver because its slightly bitter taste. Soak the liver in milk for 1 hour before cooking.
That will take away some of the bitterness and metallic taste that comes from iron.
Use different herbs and flavors like lemon, garlic, onion or white wine to enhance their taste. Yum!
Should chicken livers be rinsed before frying?
Yes, they should be prepared correctly before cooking. Soak them in milk or in cold water for 1 hour (optional).
Rinse them in running water, let them drain or pat them dry and remove any connective tissues and green parts.
Other delicious recipe for your family:
- Easy Cheesy Mashed Potatoes (easy and delicious)
- Romanian Cabbage Rolls (must try recipe)
- Romanian Cozonac (traditional festive sweet bread)
Chicken Liver Fry Recipe (Pan Fried)
- 1,7 lbs (800g) chicken livers
- 10-12 garlic cloves
- 4-5 tbs cooking oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- lemon juice (optional)
- white wine (optional)
- Peel the garlic cloves and saute half of them in a large (non-stick) pan until gets a little color. Add the chicken livers and fry them on medium low heat, turning them over to cook on all sides for a few minutes.Cover and let them cook through, lowering the heat a little bit. Stir from time to time for approx. 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the remaining crushed garlic cloves. Optional, to variate - sprinkle with some white wine and let the alcohol evaporate for a few minutes. Or lemon juice if you prefer.
- Turn off the heat and serve them with a fresh salad, or with your favorite side dish. My favorite is mashed potatoes with lots of butter and cheese.