This easy, healthy red skin potato salad with eggs is so fresh and colorful that you’ll want to dive in right away. Will you cook this potato salad today?…
It is one of my personal favorite salads because it’s so easy to make and full of freshness. It’s delicious for the eyes and tasteful on the mouth.
I grew up with a simpler version of this salad without vegetables, but I enriched it because I like lettuces so much that I put them in almost every salad.
So, what do you need to make this healthy potato salad?…
🥗Red Skin Potato Salad Ingredients
I like to use fresh ingredients when it comes to vegetables, but potatoes, olives and onions are always available in everybody’s kitchen.
In this potato salad we’ll put together:
- Red skin potatoes, boiled eggs
- Spring onions, red or yellow onion (for color/crunch)
- Bell peppers, 1 jar dill pickles
- Pitted/sliced black olives, 4-5 radishes
- One fresh lettuce (optional)
- Fresh dill & parsley
- White wine vinegar
- Sunflower/olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
👉 Here’s why you should make this potato salad:
- It’s light and fresh. Full of healthy ingredients and full of color.
- It’s easy to make with ingredients always at hand.
- You can eat it as a full meal or as a side dish.
🥔How To Make This Potato Salad
1️ Step one: Boil potatoes and eggs
Rinse potatoes to remove any dirt. Place them into a large pot on the stove with enough water to cover them. Add some salt.
Bring to boil on medium heat. You can use any type of potatoes you have, but red skin potatoes are more recommended for this salad. There are more firm and better hold their shape.
Depending on potatoes type and size, boiling time may vary. Boil until fork tender, around 25-40 minutes. 6-8 Minutes before turning off the heat, put in the eggs in to boil together. Take off the eggs, drain potatoes and let them cool.
2️ Step two: Prepare and cut the vegetables
Meanwhile, wash the lettuce and prepare the other vegetables. You can julienne the red onion and put in a small bowl with cold water to release some of the zing. Peel off the eggs and potatoes.
Cut peppers, spring onions, radishes, and pickles. Finely chop the fresh herbs. Put them in a large bowl along with the olives and the drained red onion.
Add the chopped eggs (thin slices) and cut potatoes in medium size cubes/chunks. Add them on top.
3️ Step three: Season and blend all together
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix the vinegar and the sunflower/olive oil and pour it over the salad. Add a little water if the vinegar is too strong. You can even add a little vinegar from the pickles jar.
Mix everything with care so all the flavors blend nicely together.
If you decide to add lettuce, this must be the last ingredient to add to the salad. Cut the lettuce leaves (optional) and easily blend them in.
🍽️ Sprinkle And Serve The Potato Salad
That’s it! Easy to make, even fun.
This fresh potato salad looks so inviting I’ll bet you will wanna make it right now. Am I wrong?… 🙂 It really is a spring and summer delight.
Sprinkle with more fresh herbs and lots of love and dive in! It’s delish.
💡Tips About This Recipe
- You can make ahead (5-6 hours) this potato salad and keep it in the fridge so the flavors really blend well. Keep the lettuce out and only add it before serving.
- You can spice it up with smoked paprika or a little sweet chili
- You can replace half of vinegar with pickle juice from the jar
- You can replace black olives with any kind you have to spare
- It’s best to serve it fresh, because the lettuce does not preserve well
More delicious recipe for you:
- Stuffed Peppers In Tomato Sauce (a really must try delight)
- Pan Fried Zucchini (alternative to zucchini fries)
- Tomato Scrambled Eggs (easy, simple, delicious)
Rate this recipe
Cast your stars below
Red Skin Potato Salad With Eggs
- 3 lbs (1.3 kg) red skin potatoes any kind will do
- 4-5 radishes
- 1 cup (200 gr) black pitted /sliced olives
- 1 medium jar dill pickles
- 4-5 eggs
- 1 lettuce
- 1-2 bell peppers
- 2 spring onions
- 1 red onion
- 4 tbsp wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp sunflower (olive) oil
- Put potatoes (leave the skin on) into a large pot on the stove, with enough cold water to cover. Add 1 tsp salt. Bring to boil on medium heat. Depending on type and size, boiling time may vary. Boil until fork tender, anytime around 25-40 minutes. 6-8 Minutes before turning off the heat, put the eggs in, or you can boil them separately. Drain the water and let to cool.
- Wash and clean the vegetables. Julienne the red onion and put it in a small bowl with cold water to lose some of the zing. Julienne the bell peppers and radishes. Slices your dill pickles and pitted olives and chop the spring onion. Finely chop the herbs. Put them in a large bowl. Add in the drained red onion too.
- Once cooled, peel the potatoes and eggs. Slice the hard boiled eggs and cut potatoes in medium cubes. Add them to the salad. Season with salt and fresh black pepper. Mix the vinegar and the oil and pour the mixture onto the salad. Blend well so the potatoes can absorb the moisture and all the flavors. In you are making ahead this recipe, at this stage you can cover it up and leave it in the fridge up to 4-5 hours.
- Cut the lettuce and add it to the potato salad. Gently mix everything together. Taste the salad for tart and salt. You can add some pickles juice if you like more of a pickle flavor. Sprinkle with more fresh herbs and serve.