Tomato egg recipe – scrambled, stir fry style. A delicious dish full of flavor and color. Nutritious too.
Who doesn’t like scrambled eggs?… It’s a really fast and easy to make meal that could be eaten as breakfast, brunch or a light dinner.
But did you ever tasted scrambled eggs with delicious tomato flavor?
If you didn’t, you really should try my recipe. It’s something that I grew up with, a delicious recipe that I cook very often, especially in summertime.
Chinese tomato eggs?
I just found out that this is a common dish in China. Really?
Well, I guess that eggs being such an important and essential food ingredient all over the world, were bound to be cooked in every way possible.
And paired with sweet tomatoes does seem to be a largely cooked recipe. However…
Try Romanian Tomato Eggs
Well, my recipe is a little different. This tomato eggs recipe is so simple, cheap and delicious that you too will fall in love with it and cook it often.
I really believe that.
So, what do we need? Not much.
🍅 Ingredients For Tomato Egg
For this simple recipe, we need 2 simple ingredients that you probably already have.
- Tomatoes – fresh, ripe, good quality tomatoes
- Eggs – fresh eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil
- Garlic cloves to serve (optional)
🥚 How To Make Tomato Egg (Stir Fry)
Let’s make this recipe. It will be ready in no time, and will be eaten even faster. Can you believe it?
At least, that’s what happens in my home. We just devour it fast.
1️ Step one: Prepare ingredients
Wash and peel the tomatoes. Cut them is small cubes (or grate them if you’re in a hurry).
Beat the eggs into a bawl with a pinch of salt and pepper.
2️ Step two: Cook the eggs
Pour 5-6 tbs cooking oil in a large pan and let the oil heat up. Add the eggs and cook them as your regular scrambled eggs.
When the eggs are done, add the tomatoes. Stir and mix everything well.
Lower the flame and let them cook together 10-15 minutes so the eggs gets the tomato flavor and the tomatoes are cooked too.
Keep your eyes on them and stir occasionally. The sauce will reduce beautifully and the eggs will get infused with that intense tomato flavor. Yum!
Taste for saltiness and if everything is OK, turn off the heat. Serve while it’s warm.
🍽️ Serving Stir Fry Tomato Eggs
Serve immediately with fresh bread or baguette. Digg into that delicious sauce and you’ll be in heaven.
I like to serve it with raw garlic cloves as well, it’s optional but highly recommended. Just try it and you will see what a real delish it can be.
Note*: If you liked this recipe, please rate it and share/save it for later.
Other delicious recipes to try:
- Garlic Chicken Tomato Sauce (for garlic lovers)
- Healthy Potato Salad With Eggs (a fresh and light version without mayo)
- White Beans Dip With Tomato Topping (a special bean deliciousness)
Tomato Egg Recipe (Stir Fry, Scrambled)
- 4 fresh eggs
- 1,5 lbs ripe tomatoes
- 5-6 tbsp cooking oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- 4-5 garlic cloves to serve (optional)
- Wash and peel the tomatoes. Cut them in small cubes or grate them if in a hurry. In another bawl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the beaten eggs. Cook them as your regular scrambled eggs recipe.
- Add the tomatoes and mix all together. Lower the heat and cook them for another 10-15 minutes, until the sauce is reduces and tomatoes cooked.
- Serve immediately with fresh bread and raw garlic cloves.