Pan fried zucchini: zucchini fries are loved by everybody. But did you ever tried pan fried zucchini?
It’s a quick and easy recipe that we’re making when we want to eat something easy, vegan, especially in the summer.
It really is a great side-dish that goes with virtually everything.
These fried zucchini slices are so easy to make and the garlic dressing is making them so tasteful that they’re rapidly disappearing from the plate.
They are not meant to cool off, anyway – they are best served right away, while still warm.
Zucchini are good for our health, they can be cooked in a variety of ways and served as a side-dish or a vegan meal on their own.
This pan fried method is not so much on the healthy side between cooking methods, but hey!
Meals have to taste good and we should indulge in savoring deliciousness from time to time, shouldn’t we?
So, what do we need for these fried courgettes / zucchini?
🥚 Ingredients For Pan Fried Zucchini With Flour
- Zucchini (fresh, medium sized)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Some parsley or dill to garnish
- Garlic (go for the full flavor)
- Cooking oil
That’s it! Let’s make this recipe now.
🥒 How To Make Pan Fried Zucchini (Courgettes)
1️ Step one: Prepare zucchini
Wash and dry the zucchini and trim the ends. Slice them into medallions, about ½” each.
Try to cut them all equally. Put them into a strainer, salt them and let them rest for about 10 minutes.
2️ Step two: Prepare the batter (coating)
Beat the eggs into a bawl with salt and pepper. Put the flour on a plate.
Pat dry the zucchini slices and dredge them in flour, then dip them into the beaten eggs.
3️ Step three: Pan fry zucchini in oil
Pour some cooking oil in a large non-stick pan on medium heat. Fry the coated courgettes about 2 minutes on each side, until crispy and beautiful golden brown.
Take them out on a plate with paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
🧄 Make The Garlic Dressing
Crush the garlic cloves with a pinch of salt and some parsley leaves into a mortar.
Break them well then add a teaspoon of oil, mixing all together into a paste. Add water to the mixture and dilute it to your personal taste.
Transfer the dressing into a small bawl. Place it beside or in the middle of your beautifully arranged fried zucchini slices.
Tip*: Are you familiar with Romanian cuisine? You really should try our traditional recipes.
Fried Zucchini (Courgettes) FAQs
Can you fry zucchini (courgettes)?
Yes, you can. Pan fry or deep fry courgettes slices or strips.
Coat them in egg and flower batter to absorb less oil when frying.
How long to fry zucchini (courgettes)?
They do not need long cooking time. Fry them 1 or 2 minutes (depending on thickness) on each side until they become golden brown.
Crispy fried courgette (zucchini chips)
For crispy zucchini chips – coat with bread crumbs, cut them thinner and fry them longer.
How to cook zucchini (courgettes)?
Courgettes (zucchini) can be eaten raw.
However, you can get more flavor from them when slightly cooked – sauteed, roasted, pan fried, grilled or marinate and BBQ.
Are fried zucchini (courgettes) good for you?
Aldo they aren’t what we call ‘Superfoods’ loaded with vitamins – they are low in calories, high in water and they do provide useful amounts of vitamin C and potassium.
Which are beneficial in controlling the blood pressure and enhance the immune system.
Frying is not the healthiest cooking method, but you can use it once in a while for tastiness and savor.
Do zucchini (courgettes) need to be cooked?
Young courgettes can be eaten raw, finely sliced or cut in thin ribbons added to salads.
🍴 Drizzle & Serve Your Pan Fried Zucchini
You can pour the dressing all over the fried zucchini slices, or just dip in.
Enjoy these tasty zucchini medallions while they’re still warm! Yum.
They are an absolute delish, full of flavor and goodness.
This whole platter that you see above was devoured in short time in our family. As always. 🙂
Tip*: Other alternative dressing would be smashing 2 garlic cloves and mix them with a cup of yogurt or sour cream. Yumyy!
If you liked this fried courgette recipe, please rate it and share / save it on Pinterest to have it at hand.
Other delicious recipes to try:
- Garlic Chicken Tomato Sauce (for garlic lovers)
- Sour Cream Garlic Chicken Soup (garlic, again!)
- Pan Fried Chicken Livers (tasty and full of nutrients)
- Stuffed Peppers In Tomato Sauce (must try recipe)
- Romanian Eggplant Spread (smoky deliciousness)
Pan Fried Zucchini (Courgettes) With Flour
- 3 medium sized zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 5-6 tbsp plain flour
- 5 garlic cloves
- fresh parsley/dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- Wash and dry your zucchini and trim their ends. Slice them into equal size medallions. Put them into a strainer and sprinkle some salt over them. Let them rest for about 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs into a bawl with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Put the flour on a plate. Take 6-8 slices from the strainer and pat them dry to remove their water. Dredge them trough the flour on all sides and then dip them into the eggs.
- Place a large enough pan or skillet on medium heat and coat it with enough cooking oil. Heat the oil and fry the coated zucchini slices until crispy and beautiful golden brown. About 2 minutes on each side.
- Take them out on a large plate covered with some paper towels to absorb the excess oil. Fry them in batches until all slices are done.
- To make the garlic dressing: crush the garlic cloves together with some salt and parsley leaves into a mortar. Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the mixture and stir everything together. Add water to your liking to dilute the garlic dressing.
- Transfer it into a small bawl and place it beside your fried zucchini. Drizzle over zucchini and serve them immediately while still warm.