These beer marinated oven baked chicken legs are so easy to make and offer a interesting alternative to your usual simple chicken baked recipe.
We need simple ingredients and some time for the chicken to marinate, but the oven will do the rest. Cook this recipe for your next chicken choice for dinner.
Chicken is a widely chosen and everyday cooking kind of meat. We need more ideas to enhance its tastiness and diversify cooking methods to continue savor it to its full potential.
So, marinades are always a good idea.
For this beer marinated chicken legs we need the following:
- Chicken legs – quarters, drumsticks, thighs
- Beer – one can of whatever beer you have at hand
- Onions – some golden onions for flavor
- Garlic – just a few cloves
- Red bell pepper – for color
- Mustard – adds flavor and tenderize
- Seasonings – salt, pepper, garlic powder, sweet paprika
- 1 Stem Dry thyme
🍺 How To Make This Recipe
We need to let chicken legs marinate 3-4 hours minimum, best overnight.
1. Make the marinade
Clean, wash the chicken legs and pet them dry with kitchen towels. Brush them with mustard and rub them all over with all dry seasonings. Place them into large enough recipient.
Slice 2 onions and place onion slices between the chicken parts. Slowly pour all the beer over one of the recipient margin and cover with cling film.
Let chicken legs rest in this marinade into the fridge for at least 3-4 hours, better overnight.
2. Take out and bake
After 4 hours take it out of the fridge and prepare a baking pan to cook the chicken.
Take the chicken legs out of the marinade and place them carefully into the baking pan. Quarter the remaining onions, the red pepper and place pieces between the chicken parts. Add the dry thyme stem and garlic cloves.
Pour 1 cup hot water and cover with a lid or foil. Bake at 350F (180C) for about 1 1/2 hour. Remove the lid/foil and let them bake 10 minutes more to get a beautiful color.
Serve these oven baked chicken legs with your preferred side dish and a colorful fresh salad. I served them with this rice pilaf that I made while they were cooking into the oven.
Also, this roasted peppers salad will be an excellent accompaniment to these chicken legs.
Easy, colorful oven baked chicken dinner idea. Enjoy!
Other chicken recipes for your family:
- Romanian Chicken Veggie Soup (nutritious, healthy)
- Sour Cream Garlic Chicken Soup (must try)
- Olivier Potato Salad (with chicken breast)
- Tomato Garlic Chicken (tasty garlic chicken in tomato sauce)
- Green Peas Chicken Stew (kids friendly nutritious meal)
Rate this recipe
Cast your stars below
Oven Baked Chicken Legs /Quarters (Beer Marinated)
- 3 chicken legs (quarters)
- 1 can beer
- 4 medium onions
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 stem dry thyme
- Clean, wash and pet dry the chicken legs. Brush them with mustard and rub them with all dry seasonings. Slice 2 onions. Place chicken legs into a large enough recipient, add sliced onions and slowly pour the beer (over the recipient's margin). Cover with cling film and let chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Take chicken quarters out of the marinade and place into a baking pan. Add the remaining onions cut in quarters, slices of red bell pepper and garlic cloves. Add 1 dry thyme stem and 1 cup of hot water. Cover with a lid or foil and bake for 1 1/2 hour at 350F (180C). Take out the foil and let them cook 10 minutes more. Serve with your preferred side dish and a fresh salad.