This simple salami mushroom omelette is so easy to make and it comes together in under 10 minutes!
As a quick breakfast or frugal lunch, omelettes are loved and enjoyed all over the world.
You can use whatever you find as leftovers in your fridge. I had some remaining salami slices and some mushrooms laying around.
They practically begged me to put them together. And to add some color and more flavor to this gathering I added some red pepper and fresh dill.
- Eggs – 2 fresh eggs, well beaten
- Salami – few salami slices, cut in small pieces (substitute with whatever you have at hand: bacon, ham, prosciutto, sausage)
- Mushroom – 1 mushroom finely sliced
- Red pepper – 1/4 red pepper finely chopped (or any other color)
- Herbs – freshly chopped dill (or parsley, basil, whatever you have)
- Seasoning – salt and pepper
- Cooking oil
🍳 How To Make Salami Mushroom Omelette
1. Prep the veggies
Clean and slice the mushroom. Cut salami slices in small bits. Finely chop the pepper and green herbs.
Beat the eggs until frothy with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Add the chopped dill and pepper and mix well.
2. Brown salami
Heat 2 tbsp cooking oil into a frying pan and brown the salami. Add mushroom slices and cook until soft. Stir a few times to help them cook evenly.
3. Add the eggs
Add the egg mixture and turn the pan until the composition is nicely leveled, lower the heat to minimum and cover with a lid. Cook 2 minutes.
Flip the omelette on the other side with a palette or turning it with a plate and let it cook 1 minute more. Take it out onto a large plate.
Serve this salami omelette next to any colorful vegetables, fresh salads, or your preferred greens. It’s a nutritious breakfast or it can be a quick lunch solution to put together when in a hurry.
Enjoy while still warm.
Other delicious cooking ideas for you:
- Tomato Scrambled Eggs (my summer favorite)
- Romanian Eggplant Spread (must try, delicious)
- White Beans Spread With Tomato Topping
Salami Mushroom Omelette
- 2 eggs
- 1 mushroom
- 5 salami slices
- 1/4 red pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Clean and slice the mushroom. Cut salami in small bits and finely chop the red pepper and the fresh dill. Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Add the chopped dill and pepper over the beaten eggs and mix well.
- Heat the oil into a medium size frying pan and brown the salami. Add the mushroom slices and cook until they soften. Stir a few times.
- Add the eggs mixture and move the pan so the composition is nicely even and leveled. Lower heat to minimum and cover with a lid. Cook 2 minutes, turn / flip on the other side and cook 1 minute more. Transfer onto a large plate and serve while still warm with your preferred veggies or salad aside.