This simple salami mushroom omelette is so easy to make and it comes together in under 10 minutes! As a quick breakfast or frugal lunch, omelettes are loved and enjoyed all over the world.
You can use whatever you find as leftovers in your fridge. I had some remaining salami slices and some mushrooms laying around.
They practically begged me to put them together. And to add some color and more flavor to this gathering I added some red pepper and fresh dill.
🥚 Ingredients Used
- Eggs – 2 fresh eggs, well beaten
- Salami – few salami slices, cut in small pieces (substitute with whatever you have at hand: bacon, ham, prosciutto, sausage)
- Mushroom – 1 mushroom finely sliced
- Red pepper – 1/4 red pepper finely chopped (or any other color)
- Herbs – freshly chopped dill (or parsley, basil, whatever you have)
- Seasoning – salt and pepper
- Cooking oil
🍳 How To Make This Salami Mushroom Omelette
Step 1: prep the veggies
Clean and slice the mushroom. Cut salami slices in small bits. Finely chop the pepper and green herbs.
Beat the eggs until frothy with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Add the chopped dill and pepper and mix well.
Step 2: brown salami
Heat 2 tbsp cooking oil into a frying pan and brown the salami. Add mushroom slices and cook until soft. Stir a few times to help them cook evenly.
Step 3: add the eggs
Add the egg mixture and turn the pan until the composition is nicely leveled, lower the heat to minimum and cover with a lid. Cook 2 minutes.
Flip the omelette on the other side with a palette or turning it with a plate and let it cook 1 minute more. Take it out onto a large plate.
🍽️ Serving Salami Omelette
Serve this salami omelette next to any colorful vegetables, fresh salads, or your preferred greens. It’s a nutritious breakfast or it can be a quick lunch solution to put together when in a hurry.
Enjoy while still warm.
Other delicious cooking ideas for you:
- Tomato Scrambled Eggs (my summer favorite)
- Romanian Eggplant Spread (must try, delicious)
- White Beans Spread With Tomato Topping
Salami Mushroom Omelette
- 2 eggs
- 1 mushroom
- 5 salami slices
- 1/4 red pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Clean and slice the mushroom. Cut salami in small bits and finely chop the red pepper and the fresh dill. Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Add the chopped dill and pepper over the beaten eggs and mix well.
- Heat the oil into a medium size frying pan and brown the salami. Add the mushroom slices and cook until they soften. Stir a few times.
- Add the eggs mixture and move the pan so the composition is nicely even and leveled. Lower heat to minimum and cover with a lid. Cook 2 minutes, turn / flip on the other side and cook 1 minute more.Transfer onto a large plate and serve while still warm with your preferred veggies or salad aside.
Easy and colorful. I enjoyed it.
I’m glad that you liked it. Thank you.