This super easy no bake apple eclair cake is so refreshing and goes so well with your favorite tea or cup of coffee. It has layers of biscuits, apples and vanilla pudding.
You can top it with chocolate glaze or dusting sugar, cocoa powder or cinnamon sugar.
It has minimal preparation and your fridge will do the rest of the work chilling it, softening the biscuits and bringing it to perfection. No need to use the oven, especially on hot summer times!
Note*: I used a pack of instant Cremsnit pudding from Dr. Oetker, but I don’t think it’s available outside Europe. You can replace it with your regular instant vanilla pudding mix and add Cool Whip to the mixture.
I know your usual icebox cakes use graham crackers, but try this biscuit version instead for diversity. I used Petite Beurre biscuits.
So, let’s make this apple eclair cake already!
🍎 Ingredients Needed
For this eclair cake I used:
- Large Petit Beurre biscuits pack (40 biscuits)
- Red apples or any apples you have
- Sugar and butter
- Cinnamon and vanilla extract for flavor
- Vanilla pudding mix
- Whole milk
- Chocolate glaze mix (optional)
🍰 How To Make Apple Eclair Cake
1. Prepare the apple filling
Peel and grate the apples. Place them on medium low flame together with sugar and butter. Cook 10 minutes until tender. Turn off the flame and add cinnamon and vanilla extract.
If they release a lot of juice, place them in a colander or strainer and let them cool at room temperature until you prepare the pudding.
2. Prepare vanilla pudding
Prepare the vanilla pudding according to instructions. Mix together instant pudding and milk and just fold in whipped topping until is well combined.
3. Assembling the cake
Line with plastic wrap a cooking pan or casserole dish. Arrange the first layer of biscuits on the bottom of the pan. Spread the apple filling and then add another biscuit layer.
Spread the vanilla pudding and finish with another biscuit layer. Gently press the biscuits to better attach to the vanilla filling. Cover with wrap and let rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Prepare the instant chocolate glaze and spread it on top. Refrigerate for another 4 hours or best overnight.
Tip: You can replace instant glaze mix by melting a dark chocolate, use chocolate / caramel frosting or skip glazing all together and just decorate the cake when you take it out the fridge with dusting sugar, cinnamon sugar, cocoa powder.
Take it out the refrigerator and cut it as per biscuit shape.
Serve with a cup of tea or coffee, take it at picnics or potlucks and enjoy whenever you need something easy for dessert.
- Refrigerate. Keep it covered with plastic up to 3-4 days in refrigerator.
- Freezer. Freezing is not recommended for this type of cake, it will lose taste and structure once defrosted.
Other special desserts for your family:
- Old Fashioned Rice Pudding (stove-top)
- Romanian Brownies (with or without walnuts)
- Orange Chocolate Marble Loaf Cake (full of orange flavor)
Apple Eclair Cake (No Bake)
- 2 boxes Vanilla Instant pudding mix
- 3 cups whole milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
- 40 pcs Petit Beurre biscuits
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2,5 lbs red apples
- 1 pack instant chocolate glaze mix (or frosting / melted chocolate)
- Peel and grated the apples. Cook apples with butter and sugar for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and add cinnamon and vanilla extract. Let them cool into a strainer to release the excess juice.
- Line a cake pan or casserole dish with plastic foil. Prepare the vanilla pudding according package instructions. Fold in the whipped topping and blend together. Line the bottom of the cake pan with the first biscuit layer. Spread the apple filling and add the second biscuit layer. Spoon over the vanilla pudding and finish with the last biscuit layer. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Take it out and pour over the chocolate glaze mix. Cover again and let it set in the fridge for at least 4 hours, better overnight.
- Cut the cake according to biscuit margins and serve with your preferred beverage or coffee.