Bacon and mushroom pasta with delicious garlic tomato sauce, flavored with lots of Parmesan. Easily cooked meal recipe for a quick lunch or dinner. Are you hungry yet?…
Pasta recipes are among the easiest recipes that you can cook.
Whenever you’re in a hurry, grab a pack of good quality pasta and some bacon, ham, ground meat, mushrooms, garlic, basil, tomato puree or cream – whatever you have at hand.
And you can quickly put together something to place on a plate.
But not just ‘something’, simply because pasta is always insanely tasty as it is and doesn’t need many ingredients to enhance it.
Who doesn’t like pasta? Hands up. I don’t believe you. 🙂
Let’s see what I used today for this simple recipe.
🍄 Ingredients For Bacon Mushroom Tomato Pasta
- Spaghetti Barilla – good quality pasta is essential (penne, fusilli, tagliatelle)
- Bacon – or pancetta, ham, prosciutto, sausage
- Mushrooms – for taste and consistency
- Tomato puree or passata
- Fresh garlic for full flavor
- Basil (dry or fresh)
- Parmesan cheese (or anything you have)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Olive oil
This is not some fixed recipe, I always make it with whatever I have in the fridge at the moment.
And I cook pasta a lot being such a quick fix for a meal. And a real delish at the same time. So, let’s get cookin’, shall we? 🙂
🍝 Step By Step Bacon Mushroom Tomato Pasta
First, put some water with 1 or 2 tsp of salt to boil for the pasta.
1️ Step one: Prepare the bacon and mushrooms
Clean / peel the mushrooms and cut them in slices. Cut the bacon / pancetta also.
Slice 3 garlic cloves and pour 3-4 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan and put it on medium heat.
2️ Step two: Make the tomato pasta sauce
Saute the garlic for about 1-2 minutes until it releases its flavor. Next, add the bacon and cook it until it gets a beautiful golden brown color.
Add the sliced mushrooms and cook them together for another 7-10 minutes on lower heat until they soften and release all the water. Stir occasionally.
Once the pasta water has come to a rolling boil, add the pasta to be ready in approximately the same time as the sauce.
Cook according to package instructions, mine it took about 8 minutes until al dente – the perfect way to cook any pasta.
Add the tomato puree / passata to the pan and stir. Let it cook for another 5 minutes. If necessary, add a little pasta water to the sauce.
Next, add the basil and let it infuse its flavor for another 5 minutes.
Then add the remaining 2 garlic cloves – smashed or grated to enhance the sauce flavor.
Season with black pepper and salt if necessary, correct tomato acidity with 1- 2 tsp of sugar if desired.
Give it another 2 minutes and turn off the flame.
3️ Step three: Add pasta to the tomato sauce
By this time the pasta is also cooked. Drain the pasta water and place spaghetti over the sauce.
Toss well to mix everything together until all the spaghetti are covered with this delicious sauce.
This bacon mushroom pasta recipe is ready to be served and enjoyed.
I love all pasta recipes but this is what I cook most of the time, being such a versatile and quick recipe for times that I can’t go to the grocery store.
We all can pretty much have something in the fridge or pantry to make such recipe happen.
💡 Pasta Recipe Tips & Substitutions
You can use any type of pasta you have at hand: spaghetti, tagliatelle, fusilli, penne, etc.
It’s good even without bacon or without mushrooms – if one of these ingredients are missing go ahead and cook it anyway.
I guarantee the pasta will still be delicious. The garlic tomato mushroom pasta sauce is making its job, the Parmesan is doing the rest.
You can substitute bacon with ham, prosciutto leftovers, salami, whatever you have in the fridge.
If you like a more creamier pasta, add more tomato sauce or pasta water until you achieve your desired pasta consistency.
🍴 Serving Bacon & Mushroom Pasta
Serve immediately sprinkled with lots of Parmesan cheese or whatever cheese you have and for some moments just enjoy it and don’t think about your diet.
This pasta recipe is full of calories but also in taste. And I’m always for taste. Are you drooling yet?… 😀
If you liked this recipe rate it, share on FB or save it in Pinterest for later.
Tip: Are you familiar with the tastiness of Romanian cuisine? You really should try our recipes.
Here’s a list of 12+ Romanian dishes you should be cooking
Other delicious recipes for you to cook:
- Romanian Smoky Eggplant Spread (must try eggplant dip recipe)
- Romanian Chicken Garlic Soup (silky, tasteful delish)
- Romanian Stuffed Peppers (you may become addicted)
- Romanian Sauteed Cabbage And Sausage (for cabbage lovers)
Bacon Mushroom Tomato Pasta (Spaghetti)
- 9 oz (250g) bacon (pancetta, ham, prosciutto)
- 9 oz (250g) 1/2 package spaghetti Barilla
- 4 mushrooms
- 2 cups (450g) tomato puree (passata)
- 5 garlic cloves (to taste)
- 2 tbsp dry basil
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4-6 tbsp grated Parmesan (to taste)
- Put to boil some water for the pasta and add 1or 2 tsp salt to taste.Peel the mushrooms and slice them. Cut the bacon and slice 3 garlic cloves also. Pour the olive oil in a large enough pan or skillet and saute the garlic for 1-2 minutes on medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until golden brown. Add the mushrooms and let them release their water, cooking on lower heat for about 10 minutes.
- Once the water comes to a rolling boil add the pasta and cook it according to package directions. Meantime, add the tomato puree to the pan, stir and let it cook for more 5 minutes. If necessary, add some pasta water to the sauce.Next, add the basil and let it release its flavor for another few minutes. Taste for saltiness, add the pepper and the remaining 2 garlic cloves (crushed or grated). Taste for acidity and add 1- 2 tsp sugar if desired. Give it another 2 minutes and turn off the heat. The sauce is ready and the pasta should be al dente by now.
- Drain the spaghetti and put them over the sauce. Give it a good toss and serve immediately. Top with grated Parmesan and indulge!